Systems Engineer #102124
A knowledgeable computer science/engineer with phenomenal troubleshooting skills is needed for a Systems Engineer role in Saint Louis, MO! As the Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing the company’s network software and associated operating systems.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer include:
- Collaborating with network staff to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Partnering with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements/goals and identify/resolve business systems issues.
- Designing and deploying applications and enhancements to applications, software, and operating systems as well as determining effectiveness of current systems.
- Performing cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed systems to provide insight for implementation decisions.
- Researching software and system products to justify recommendations.
- Communicating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services.
- Proposing and creating system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrating servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensuring system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to duties.
- Performing in-depth tests/reviews for modified and new systems.
- Monitoring and testing system performance.
- Training end users on all modified and new systems.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K plan with Company matching
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Opportunities to work from home
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Company social events
- Tuition assistance
- And more!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering OR 3 years’ experience
- Certifications in Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, and Citrix.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/UDP, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, etc.
- Proven experience designing, implementing and maintaining a majority of the following solutions, systems, and applications: Working technical knowledge of Windows PowerShell and VB scripting languages. Working knowledge of server and workstation operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, *nix and MAC OS.
- Storage Area Networks – Dell-Compellent and EMC
- Virtualization – VMware and Hyper-V
- Application Delivery – Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and NetScaler
- Backup and Recovery – Veritas NetBackup and Backup Exec
- Directory Services – Microsoft Active Directory (Domain Services and Certificate Services), DNS and DHCP
- Systems Monitoring – SolarWinds Orion or equivalent
- Cloud Computing – Amazon Web Services
- Data Center Infrastructure – Environmental Controls, Power Delivery(Generator, UPS, Transfer Switches, etc.) and Access Control/Monitoring
- Competence with diagramming and documentation tools, such as Microsoft Visio
- Great communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.