Data Engineer #101652
A Data Engineer is needed for a Direct-Hire position with our trusted client in Center City, Philadelphia.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer include:
- Handling the delivery of key projects, including Cyber data repositories, Financial Lines analytics, External data integration, Enterprise Risk Reporting, Risk Aggregation.
- Representing data and analytics division at executive level board meetings.
- Coordinating and leading data improvement projects, including data quality assessments, data fix and standardization to support portfolio segmentation and profitability analysis.
- Translating business needs into systems requirements including rating systems, reports, dashboards and scorecards with minimal to no supervision.
- Identifying remediation solutions for addressing data issues.
- Ensuring SQL is fine tuned for performance.
- Documenting data capture requirements, source to target mappings, data flow diagrams, entity relationships and complex data models.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Business casual dress
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a hands-on analyst in Insurance Data space preferably Analytics or Actuarial area
- Certification(s) in Data, BI, P&C Underwriting, Claims Management or Actuarial Science is highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of Architecture of different Databases (Netezza, Oracle) preferred
- Advance SQL, PL SQL, and T SQL skills
- Advance knowledge of data warehousing principles and business intelligence
- Understanding data flow and business logic
- Understand business requirements, converting them to technical requirement and then writing pseudo codes and flow charts
- Experience with data profiling on structured and unstructured data
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Data quality enforcement and governance
- Advance development and design skills using various reporting tools (QlikView/Sense, Power BI, Excel and Cognos)
- Understanding of P&C insurance processes, risk data attributes and concepts such as Limits, Exposure bases, Coverages, Packaged, Rating Factors, etc.
- Experienced in identifying, capturing, profiling & analyzing data from multiple sources (internal and external).
- Able to create data-sets in SAS or other tools, pulling from multiple sources including Big Data, Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, XML, and Flat Files
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Visual Basic, etc. along with Base SAS, SQL, RDBMS, Dimensional Modelling (snowflakes, star schema) and hands on experience of ETL tools like Informatica and SSIS preferred
- Skilled in identifying work breakdowns, detail tasks vs. milestones, developing estimates, and reporting progress
- Experience implementing data and analytics projects, including leading off-shore & off-site teams
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.