Java UI Developer #107310
Our client based in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a Java UI Developer to join the team. This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
This position will involve the ongoing development and support of multiple web-based J2EE applications used. The candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements into cost-effective solutions, designing and developing those solutions with minimal supervision, and troubleshooting and supporting production systems. This position will also participate in the ongoing effort to modernize the platform and keep abreast of current best-practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- A proven understanding of SOA, and development of applications using this model.
- At least 5 years of Java development experience, working on large-scale J2EE applications in a BEA Weblogic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- High level of energy and enthusiasm. Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and advanced problem solving skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in Enterprise Application Architecture with a knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data modeling, messaging, session, Java Serialization, Java persistence, XML, JSON, SOAP, SOA, JavaMail, Web Services, Restful Web Services, Struts framework and related Java EE technologies.
- Experience in transactional middleware implementations (Microsoft BizTalk), high-volume SQL database • applications (SQL Server), JDBC transactions, JDBC connection pools, concurrent programming issues, and critical section implementations in a leading J2EE environment like WebSphere or Weblogic application servers.
- Network programming experience with TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS streams with XML, JSON and text messages.
Other Position Parameters:
- Experience in use of Quality Center and StarTeam in a development environment.
- Experience in use of Jenkins and GIT for software deployment.
- Ability to research new technologies and create conceptual models or solutions and present them to high-level audience cross business, applications and technology domains.
- Experience with JRules and Microsoft BizTalk (not mandatory).
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, and direct hire solutions. Nationally supporting Salesforce Projects & Managed Services and staffing solutions with a focus in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce, and Call Center & Office. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines, the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, and a team-oriented workflow with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can timely deliver solutions to meet your expectations. Our testimonials on our website tell the story from our clients and candidates—check them out!