Major Incident Manager #102113
Major Incident Manager
A Major Incident Manager is needed for a position in Mount Laurel, NJ. As the Major Incident Manager, you will analyze incident, problem, and change data as well as recurring alerts and then works to identify the causes of recurring incidents, alerts, and noise in the environment, and ensure that plans and actions are in place to eliminate and resolve these issues at all Priority/Severity Levels.
Responsibilities of the Major Incident Manager include:
- Providing team coverage throughout the business day from 8am to 6pm EST (on a rotational basis of early and late shifts).
- Managing major and severe business impacting incidents primarily involving large scale infrastructure issues or high risk data / application issues.
- Running both technical conference bridges and business update calls.
- Collating technical and business impact.
- Producing management information, including KPIs and reports to show performance within the environment.
- Presenting weekly and monthly Incident Management data to Leadership team, concisely and effectively.
- Documenting issues, updating issues log, following issues to completion, and escalating issues to management team if needed.
- Ensuring that all IT Teams follow the Incident management process for every incident.
- Driving decision making for incident resolution and minimizing impact to the business.
- Escalating issues to Senior IT Management.
- Providing incident updates to stakeholders.
- Capturing incident follow ups and completing formal Post Mortems.
- Identifying stability trends and escalating them through the Problem Management process.
- Coordinating decision making of critical, emergency break fix work by chairing conference calls and publishing formal communication.
- At least 5 years of experience in Service Delivery, Problem Management, or Incident Management
- Strong cross technology background in areas such as network, distributed, end user and mainframe.
- Proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution. Advanced knowledge in Incident, Change, and Problem Management
- Understanding of foundational IT technical issues and relationships
- Excellent independent judgment: excellent creative and high level analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of corporate toolsets for (incident/problem)
- Extensive Excel Knowledge, ability to dissect large data files, utilizing formulas, minor scripting, and filtering
- Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Proficient in pattern recognition.
- Passion for identifying problems that cause incidents and lengthen time to repair, and attacking the issues to eliminate the cause in our environment.
- Understanding of PM terminology, concepts, and processes. Possesses working knowledge of general project management practices and methodologies.
- Strong overall knowledge of technology business and best practices
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various infrastructure support groups.
- Sensitivity and urgency in dealing with line of business outages.
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various infrastructure support groups
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.