Senior DevOps Engineer #103479
Senior DevOps Engineer
Looking for a passionate and experienced DevOps engineer to join our engineering community and help us focus on automation, reliability and continuous delivery initiatives, as the company matures in its Agile approach. You will have an opportunity to bring forth the highlights of your prior experience and improve the lifecycle of existing services. This is a key role in establishing and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline, monitoring and increasing the performance of production environments with a focus on high availability and scalability. You will gain valuable experience by working with a cross-functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions. This is an excellent position for someone looking to grow professionally, have a major impact within a driven development team and contribute to the success of SofterWare and its clients.
Responsibilities of the Senior DevOps Engineer include:
- Build and maintain a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product based on prior experience
- Implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environments using tools such as Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, or similar
- Create and manage infrastructure as code environments in AWS
- Develop code fluently in common languages such as C#, Python, NodeJS
- Deploy and operate both Windows and Linux variants in a cloud environment
- Create and manage code repositories with Git
- Build and configure docker containers by adopting best practices
- Script tasks on the command line using Powershell, Bash, or similar
- Monitor applications and infrastructure using tools like Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, etc.and own the configuration and escalation process for alerting.
- Collaborate with Agile squads to define technical requirements, document and diagram processes, systems, and tools thoroughly.
- Demonstrate strong and clear communication skills.
- Use automation to drive technical innovation and efficiency
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution. Conduct post-mortems to continually improve our systems and processes
- Design policies for load balancing and scaling large applications with dynamic traffic
- Manage web server technologies such as IIS, Nginx
- Champion and mentor others on the DevOps philosophy. Stay current with operational best practices, DevOps trends and advocate for their inclusion.
- 5-10 years prior experience with 5+ years experience in IT Ops/infrastructure and 5-6 years DevOps experience in designing, executing and supporting highly scalable solutions.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Front end frameworks like React or Angular
- Payments industry and/or PCI compliance
- Both SQL (MS SQL, MySql, Postgres) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Mobile application development
- Building or supporting data pipelines (machine learning, AI flows)
- Serverless frameworks
- Earned AWS Certifications
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.