Senior Staff Accountant #106698
Seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our internal A&F team! This role will support day-to-day accounting operations and special projects. This position will be responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
This role will start out remote but will be required to go into our Mt. Laurel, NJ office 2-3 days/week.
Senior Staff Accountant Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts;
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Performs general cost accounting, reporting and other related duties for the organization. Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates company core values (Respect, Integrity, Coachable, Winning Spirit, Fun, Diversity & Inclusion, Team Oriented,
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Senior Staff Accountant Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or another related field
- 3-4 years of experience in a staff accountant role
- Exceptional communication skills, initiative, and ability to multitask, prioritize, & manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as an active member of a team
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, vendors, and employees