Underwriter/Loan Credit Advisor #102082
Underwriters/Credit Loan Advisors
Contemporary Staffing Solutions has several immediate openings for Underwriters/Credit Loan Advisors for one of our clients in Columbia, MD. As the Underwriter/Loan Credit Advisor is responsible for reviewing loan applications in conjunction with Credit, Income, and Asset documentation to determine if loan is to be submitted to Call Center Operations. These are full-time, direct hire opportunities, offering an annual salary starting at $60K.
Responsibilities of the Underwriter/Loan Credit Advisor include:
- Works directly with Loan Advisor to provide clear direction as to what is needed from the borrower in order to have a completed loan application.
- Requests and reviews the appropriated credit, income and asset documentation, and reviews alongside the application for data integrity.
- Calculates income in accordance to agency/investor guidelines for all income sources. Reviews and updates liabilities in accordance to agency/investor guidelines.
- Creates a needs list to be distributed to sales, operations and borrowers, detailing the items required for processing of loan.
- Runs the corrected/completed loan terms thru the appropriate Automated Underwriting engine, recognizing when a manual downgrade is required .STIPS file.
- Recommends denial status for loans not meeting minimum standards.
- Works directly with Loan Advisor in re-structuring loans as necessary after documentation has been analyzed. This will include but not be limited to proposal to pay off additional debt and/or proposing new loan product(s).
- Provides feedback and training to Loan Advisor.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
- Working Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm.
- High school diploma/GED (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 5 years related work experience in residential mortgage lending processing with underwriting experience.
- Current Mortgage Loan Processing knowledge.
- Ability to function in an ever changing team environment.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- MS Office proficient.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Requires good analytical and math skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and outstanding computer skills.