Technical Writer #103200
A Technical Writer is currently needed for a position in Blue Bell, PA.
Responsibilities of the Technical Writer include:
- Documenting system user guides, internal wikis, quick reference guides, release notes, and job aides
- Developing templates for system training materials based on the training strategy
- Network and partner with internal and external stakeholders and SMEs to provide strategic instructional design to meet product and contractual requirements
- Validating the effectiveness of training materials to meet project or training objectives
- Developing additional system support materials such as FAQs and brown bag lunch sessions
- Delivering specific application training based on user needs analysis
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual and strategic thinker, team player, excellent communication skills with clients and coworkers
- Experience implementing technical user knowledge and skills transfer
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Provide onsite support and training when needed
- Build and deliver train the trainer sessions
- Work with and help maintain core new hire training components
Requirements of the Technical Writer:
- Knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop or SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat, Captivate or Articulate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methods and best practices for user training on application software including thorough understanding of training techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly, to both technical and non-technical audiences in multiple situational settings.
- Manage multiple tasks and deliverables within strict scheduling requirements against strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, but also to communicate and collaborate with others to meet desired outcomes.
- Familiarity or experience creating documentation for commercial software in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Experience documenting enterprise and web-based software for multiple concurrent audiences, including end-users and administrators.
- Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches in a cost-effective manner
- Strong interest and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in adult training and education, instructional design, communications, or related fields.
- Experience demoing software products to internal stakeholders as well as clients/potential clients
- Years of experience: 3-5
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.